Monday, July 21, 2008

Miss Plano, Adrianna's Recital






She was amazing! I know I am biased but she truly sang well. She only sang four songs. One in Italian – Non so piu cosa son (from Le Nozze di Figaro), one in German – Du Ring an meinem Finger and two in English – Give me Jesus and Ride the Morning Winds. She had the audience weeping twice and at the end they gave her a standing ovation.
The President of the school, Miles McCall, came up and gave her a big hug and told her that she had him crying from the moment she started to sing. The pianist I think cried the entire time. She is the Director of Music at the school and I know that she and Mr. Brooks are going to miss her next year.
She had about 30 people there and lots of her friends who had graduated last year came back to hear her. She was beautiful as ever and gave an absolutely amazing performance.
If it sounds like I was beaming from ear to ear, you are so right!
Thank you all for sending her messages of encouragement, she was still talking about those when we went to eat after her recital. It really meant a lot to her.
Thank you for your continued support and I am looking forward to watching her make the audiences cry at Miss Texas (Out of joy, not pain!) ~Emitra Nelson, one proud mother