Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hillary's thoughts about Spring Meeting


I just returned from spring meeting, and I had a blast. Although you are there to turn in paperwork, listen to speeches, and go to rehearsals I made so many new friends. Some people believe that pageants are full of mean girls, but the reality is that you can meet great people who can be your friends for the rest of your life.
This is my second year as a teen so I knew what to expect, but one thing that I thought was so cool is the service project that everyone had the opportunity to participate in this year. It was for Caitlin’s closet, and I thought it was a great way to help not only the girls in one community, but in many. To get all of my gowns I put bins in a few local schools and the community really showed their support once they found out what I was doing. I collected about seventy-four gowns and I was able to pick really quickly. I was so excited; because I was able to pick the exact position I wanted, X-12. I feel so good about the spot I chose, and I can not wait until this summer!
I could not have done this without the support of the whole MPFO group though. I have learned so much already from them and hope to keep learning. They have such a great group of people helping and I am ecstatic to get to be a part of it all. I am looking forward to representing them this summer and am going to work as hard as I can to do so. ~Hillary Sproul, Teen North Texas 2008