Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Miss Frisco's Dress Success at Spring Meeting



Spring Meeting was a huge success! Friday started out with a bang as I was named the contestant who brought in the most dresses for our Caitlin's Closet dress drive and thus I got to pick my placement first (C38, exactly where I wanted!). With the help of countless people, I collected 129 dresses, garnering over 500 points!! My mom (Moo) and I were very resourceful, and surprisingly the number one trick to getting dresses was simply going out there and asking! I put together a Facebook event, sent out text messages to everyone in my phone book, announced it at Kappa, called/emailed friends and family. Also my family at the Kim Dawson Agency, Lone Star Princess moms, the Salvation Army, Moo’s students, and the MPFO board were a great help. A GIGANTIC thank you has to go to my wonderful mother who picked up almost every dress, bagged them, AND labeled them. There is NO way I could have done this with out her. She's the best :).

Saturday was a BLAST! We had rehearsals all morning where we got to learn the choreography for the opening number. Brittany and I were both cast in the ballet section. I really enjoyed not only getting to learn the choreography, but also getting to know all the girls. We had so much fun laughing and tossing our hair and basically hamming it up. All the girls are so fun--I can't WAIT for the summer! Oh and of course the talent show on Saturday night was RIOT!! Who could forget Ricardo in a tutu?? I know I won’t (whether I want to or not...ha-ha!). After the hilarity, Brittany, Anna, Lea and I had a little pageant party in our hotel room and watched the 2006 Miss Texas Production. Lea didn't quite make it to the crowning, though, as we realized she was dead asleep midway through talent ha-ha!

Sunday was filled with more rehearsals and a wrap up meeting. Overall the weekend was really inspiring. It was the extra push I needed to keep going with my preparations and genuinely made me excited about the relationships I am forming between such incredible people. I am so proud of this organization, both locally and statewide, and I am so grateful to know the people within it! I can't wait for July!!
xoxo
-Brooks, Miss Frisco 2008