Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Miss North Texas experiences at Spring Meeting



As a first year Miss contestant I was more than ready to experience Spring meeting. Ready to meet all of the contestants, turn in the paper work that I had been working so hard on to another set of hands, get closer with my pageant sisters and learn more about this summer!
Friday started off great, turning in our Caitlin’s Closest dresses for the deserving girls who will receive them for events in their lives.
Thank you thank you to those of you in my hometown of Texarkana who helped me gather these garments. To Pleasant Grove High School with PGTV, long time friends, Troy and Ricardo, the MPFO group and of course my mom! All of you were such a big help, you are awesome! I had close to fifty dresses and was able to pick the group that I wanted B (19)- the BEST group in my opinion ;).
Saturday Adrianna, my amazing roomie, and I got up met the group and head to the high school for rehearsal practice. Just watching Lea and Anna dance was my favorite part, they were SO adorable. Brooks and I will be gracing the stage in the ballet section of the opening while our sisters are dispersed in different groups. MPFO will be all over the stage!
Sunday also was a day of dancing and bonding. We had a great time the whole weekend. After Sunday’s events I headed back to Austin for Capitol Day.
Capitol Day was so great!! I had such a wonderful time touring the capitol, listening to wonderful speakers and learning so much about Texas history. It was really nice to get to know other title holders and rekindle old friendships from when I was a teen contestant. This experience was one of the highlights of the weekend.
Overall meeting was absolutely wonderful! I am so excited and pumped about this summer. I am working hard and ready to be at Miss Texas. I love all of the contestants and am proud to be apart of the Miss Texas Organization! ~Brittany Forrester, Miss North Texas 2008