Monday, July 21, 2008

Miss Frisco, Brooks voted to UT Rush Team


In December, I was nominated for and voted in to the position as Assistant Membership Chairman for Kappa. In normal language, that means that I am now a member of the Rush Team and I could NOT be more excited! I am such a people person and am so passionate about Kappa that this really is my dream position, and I couldn’t be happier to give back to an organization that has given me so much. As Assistant Membership Chair, I am in charge of getting to know as many incoming Freshman as possible (and there are usually over 1,000 that go through rush!) as well as organizing all summer activities, work week, and actual rush week. It is a huge responsibility, but we have an incredible team of girls this year–all of which happen to be my best friends!–and I know we will get the best pledge class possible! Here is a picture of all five of us at Mom’s Weekend. From left to right is: Me, Alicia Kuhn (Assistant Reference Chair), Meredith Muecke (Membership Chair), Lauren Pearce (Reference Chair), and Brooke Simmons (also Assistant Membership Chair). Go Kappa!